HoneyCrisp Outing...also, a recipe.

Sun-warmed, personally-picked right off the branch, with a little bit of shirt buffing, that's it. I now know the most delicious way to eat an apple.  Much like the rest of the world, my family LOVES honeycrisp apples, so when I saw that the picking season had just started at our local orchard, we immediately made plans to go.

We had such a great time that we have already made plans to go back. The workers at Eckerts were very accommodating of our stroller toting gang. There was free wagon riding. And Jason estimates that he ate about ten dollars worth of free apples while we were out in the orchard as shown in the photo evidence below.


Also, we (meaning my brother-in-law Alex because I inconveniently/conveniently didn't have my wallet with me at the checkout) purchased some apples to scarf at home.
Later in the week, I harvested some of the apples to make one of my favorite Fall go-to recipes from my friend, Emily. 

Apple Blondies
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 apple (chopped)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1 stick butter 

Beat egg and butter together. Mix in all the other ingredients. Put in 9x9 greased baking pan. Cook at 350 for about 30 minutes. The top should be just a bit golden brown. 

Because these treats include fruit, they are quite versatile.  I like pass off any leftovers as a balanced breakfast the next day.

Also, they will make your entire house smell scrumptious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forwward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS