No Fair-Weather Fans Here...also, dip recipes.

My NFL team affiliations are diverse. I root equally for the Rams, the Mannings, and all teams whose seasons of Hard Knocks I have seen, so the Bengals, Dolphins, and Jets.  At my sister's house, where we attended our first football soirrée of the season, there are no such complications. They are Rams fans. And...

...the Rams lost yesterday. But we got to eat chips and dip for lunch, ice cream for dinner, and both babies took over 90 minute naps.  All in all, I think we could consider the day a win.  

Also, Sam Bradford threw for three touchdowns so that Greg the Leg didn't have to carry the team and so that my husband's fantasy football team could stay competitive this week. Thanks, Sam. You have given us hope for this season.

Also, Maggie has the remarkable ability to cull Pinterest and other amazing places where people share dip recipes, pick the best dips, and serve them to us season after season.  My two favorites are after the jump. Enjoy!

Maggie made this one yesterday, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I devoured two bowls.

Chicken Queso Blanco
Ingredients:
1 pkg chicken breasts
2 cans Rotel, undrained (She uses 2 Hot Rotel but suggests that you mix and match depending on your spiciness preference.)
1 white onion, chopped
1 pkg white Velveeta
1-2 jalapeños as preferred

Combine chicken, Rotel, and onion in crockpot on 6-8 hour setting. When ready to serve, cube Velveeta. Take out chicken to shred and add Velveeta to crockpot. Return shredded chicken to crockpot and stir occasionally until Velveeta has melted. Serve and enjoy!







Spicy Bacon Spinach Artichoke Dip is one of my favorites from last season.
Follow the link for the recipe.  I love the spice of this dip, and Maggie makes it extra scrumptious because she serves it with crostini!  As far as I can tell, she takes a skinny french loaf, slices the pieces thin, coats them with olive oil, and broils them for a few minutes on each side.

The only way to improve chips and dip is to serve bread and dip.  You can quote me on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forwward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS