THE PERFECT NEW Crockpot Meal

I often switch out crockpot meals in favor of the grill as soon as the weather gets a little warmer, but I recently took a chance on the new Sweet Korean BBQ Slow Cooker Sauce from Campbell's, and Jason and I can literally not get enough of this meal. Combine that with the fact that it's a little bit BBQ and a little bit spicy, and I'm pretty sure I will be using the crockpot all summer.

Like most crockpot meals, it's not rocket science, but the sauce packet makes this one so simple that William might even be able to throw this together for us if I let him have a go at it. As the label says, just throw the chuck roast (Get around a three pound roast. There is plenty of sauce, and you'll want leftovers!) and the sauce in the crockpot and turn on low for eight hours. After about eight hours, shred the beef (and we remove as much of the fat as we can.) Then, you have to make a decision. Tacos or rice bowls? If you bought a big enough roast you can have one the first night and the other the next. BUT for both, the magical ingredient is the ridiculously addicting sauce you are going to make with sour cream and sriracha. This is also pretty easy. Just mix the sour cream and sriracha to taste. We like ours pretty spicy. For RICE BOWLS, throw some rice in the rice cooker right before dinner. Cook up some broccoli or other favorite veggie and layer rice, veggie, bbq beef, and creamy sriracha sauce. For TACOS, layer tortilla, beef, cabbage with a little bit of lime juice squeezed in, and creamy sriracha sauce. Extra points for making homemade tortillas!

We love this meal so much (and it is so easy) that I went ahead and bought out our local store of all the sauce packets, just in case, because the last time we fell in love with a Campbell's product they discontinued it. So if anyone from Campbell's is reading this, please bring back Creamy Chipotle Skillet Sauce... or send me any remaining packets! See, Campbell's is in no way paying me to write this. I just really like this meal, and after serving it to my mom and my sister, they have both jumped on the Korean BBQ bandwagon, so I though you all needed to know about it too.
Also, that really is how you spell sriracha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forwward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS