A Perfect Way to Start the Week

If you watched the Golden Globes last night, you know that, apparently, no one was expecting to win. If I had some serious time and video editing skills, I would put together a montage for you of almost every winner telling us how unexpected the win was in order to illustrate my point, but alas, you will just have to trust me and use your imagination.

And I mean, COME. ON. Really. None of you expected you might win. Even though you were all nominated, and it was between you and just four other people. If they suddenly announced my name and came to my door with a camera crew so that I could accept the award remotely, that might be unexpected, but I'm willing to bet I could give a better speech than most of the winners last night. Uggh. --Rhetoric teacher rant done--

One bright spot among the unexpected winners was Mr. Matthew McConaughey. Alright, alright, alright, alright.


A little dancing, a great first line, a mom anecdote. Otherwise known as the recipe for a successful acceptance speech. All you Oscar nominees. Get it together! I don't think it's cute or endearing or genuine when you get up there and talk about how unexpected this is and how nervous you are. If you are nominated, have some high expectations for yourself and practice a speech!

Happy Monday! I hope your week is filled with high expectations.

Also, another recipe for acceptance speech success includes thanking your significant other, thanking God, a little dance move, and telling everyone in the audience that your love them over and over a la Cuba Gooding Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forwward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS