Sun Spots

At the end of each day, I find just as many puppy nose prints as baby hand prints to wipe off this window.

Will and Lola. My sweet sweet baby boy and my big brown baby. Time for an update on their growing relationship? I think so. Will likes to climb over and under Lola, and Lola loves to chew her toys near and sometimes on Will. And both of them just let the other do it. Jason and I always joke that this could be a problem when Will interacts with other children his age. (Most babies I know don't like to be climbed on.) They both understand that their toys are separate and off-limits, but I'm pretty sure neither of them understands why that is the case (even though I explain why everyday they both have a ways to go in language acquisition). Often one will bring a toy to the other, set it down, and go off to play with another toy, which is incredibly sweet but also means I am constantly reminding Will that jagged plastic bones and soaking wet stuffed animal parts are "not for baby." Could I actually be teaching him not to share his toys? Instead of dwelling on that thought, I'll move on to chronicling more updates on my sweet sweet baby.

Will has been standing on his own for a few weeks now, and each day it seems like he can last longer and longer on those two squatting legs. Fifteen seconds, a minute, a lifetime. I know us mamas have a skewed perception of time, so I won't pretend to give you an accurate number. He also has been kind of taking a step or two, but really he is just throwing himself headfirst at me from a standing position and sometimes his feet move a bit. If I hold his hands to help him walk, he gets angry that I keep moving farther and farther away with each of his steps closer and closer to me. The look on his face--a cross between "what is the point of all this" and "where are you going!--as I move away is priceless. I have to try really hard not to laugh.

But if Will really wants to get somewhere (usually to me) fast, he'll drop down on all fours and crawl like the wind. I'm willing to bet he is the fastest crawler in the Midwest. To all who will listen, I keep bringing up the idea of baby racing. Babies on one end, mamas on the other, pull up a barrier, and they're off! I could see it as a reality TV show on Fox. And that, my friends, is where I will end this...

Also, Lola's other sun spot, which is covered in hair and another thing that Will has to be reminded is "not for baby" every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forwward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS