Weighing In




Last week, I mentioned that I was going to make some changes, and I have made them. But before I get to the changes, I'd like to address something else I wrote that is only kind of true. I wrote, "I have not lost all the baby weight and am technically overweight and really not living a healthy lifestyle."

The not-so-true part is that I did lose most of the baby weight. When I got pregnant in June 2012, I weighed 155. On the day I went in for my induction, April 1, 2013, I weighed 187. And sometime in September of 2013, I remember being delighted to see 158 lbs when I stepped on the scale. I had lost all but three pounds of the weight I had gained during pregnancy pretty easily. I was going for one to three mile walks pretty much every day and eating somewhat healthfully and wearing all of my pre-pregnancy clothes. I wanted to lose those last three pounds plus a little bit more, so Jason and I purchased T25 and completed three weeks of it before we quit for some reason that I don't remember. But I was still pretty happy with the way I looked and felt. And then something happened. Winter? Football parties? Thanksgiving? Christmas? That's when we get to the true part of my statement.

The true part is that I am technically overweight, and I was not living a healthy lifestyle. On January 2, 2014 (exactly nine months after delivering Will), when I weighed myself, I weighed 168. I had gained back ten pounds! I was barely eating two meals a day and instead, snacking throughout the day. And I had developed some pretty horrible drinking habits. Every afternoon, I'd drink a Dr. Pepper Ten. Every evening, I'd treat myself to a glass of wine or bottle of beer. And every night, after I brushed my teeth, I'd wonder why I was so thirsty and get a big glass of water. I thought I was pretty active throughout the day just taking care of Will, but I wasn't walking or working out at all. And the only thing I really felt comfortable wearing were button-up tops that were blousy enough to hide my once again growing belly. 

So on January 2nd (because on January 1st we had lots of leftover party food and drink), I started making those changes.  I made one each day until my daily routine/lifestyle seemed healthy yet doable, and it only ended up being six fairly simple changes.

1. Stop drinking a Dr. Pepper Ten every day. (Water!)
2. Drink green tea once a day.
3. Stop having a cocktail every night. (Water!)
4. Complete T25 workout every morning.
5. Track calories on MyPlate app. 
6. Eat when and what Will eats: 6:30 (breakfast), 10:30 (lunch), 2:00 (snack), and 5:30 (dinner)

So far, I am 12 days in, and I've kept it up with only a few snafus (like the day I didn't work out and my mom gave me a bag of homemade cookies), and I have been seeing results. This morning, I stepped on the scale and saw 165.6! I'm moving in the right direction. My goal weight is 148 by the beginning of June. That's approximately one pound a week.  I know I can do it because I am doing it now, and I have done it in the past. I am using that picture up there from the summer of 2009 as my motivation, but I am also planning on taking more full body pictures (not in a swimsuit, though) of Will, Jason, and me  together throughout this process because I know one day I'll be happy to have them even if I don't love the way I look at the time. So stayed tuned...

Also, I am trying to figure out some easy workout type thing I can do in the afternoon while playing with Will in his playroom. I started the Plank Challenge and the Push-Up Challenge, but I want to try to find a good short yoga workout too...because I'm usually already wearing yoga pants. Let me know if you have any suggestions or any other easy changes that have worked for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forwward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS