A Thrilling Way to Start the Week


Last Thursday, to celebrate the first day of Spring, William and I planted some seeds. We'd been diligently watering them every other day... so like one time. And LOOK! Can you see the little green sprout?! We found these little kits in the dollar section of Target, and to tell you the truth, I didn't really expect that much from them. But I thought it might be a fun and cheap activity that William and I could try out together. Each kit came with a little plastic pot and a brown tablet (about the size of two quarters stacked on top of each other) and a packet of seeds. When you add water, the tablet fills the ENTIRE pot with the "growing medium" you see above. Then, you add your seeds and just a few days later, Wallah! I really felt like I got my money's worth just from the thrill of what happened when we added the water to the tablet (and William was just delighted to open and close and open and close the poppy box), but now that we have some growth, I'd say that was the best three dollars I've spent in a while. What if we actually get flowers?
Happy Monday! I hope you can find the simple thrills in this week... but I really can't imagine how the week could get any more thrilling than what you see above. Maybe a sea monkey kit?

Also, I'm considering going back to Target to get the strawberry and herb kits this afternoon. Then, we could have flowers and strawberries and herbs all just growing on our buffet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forwward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS