Happy Cows



Sometimes I take an alternate route in order to pass the grove where these cows hang out.  I'm not sure how much Will can see (or if he is even awake), but I always mooo quite enthusiastically if the ladies (as I call them) are there.  I wish we could take a walk down this road so we could get closer and he could see them, but it is one of those hilly country roads where if you go fast enough, your stomach will drop and you would be smart to fear for your life facing an oncoming car while going over the hills in your own car let alone on foot.  

When I stopped to snap these pics (which took maybe five seconds a piece), I kept checking my rear-view to make sure no cars were coming.  I had this horrible image of being crashed into and Will getting hurt. That has been happening a lot lately. My imagination seems to be running wild since becoming a mom.  The other day, I was walking down our street over a creek and saw a red food wrapper stuck in the rocks with some other refuse. Instead of lamenting the litter, I immediately imagined Will lunging out of his stroller to his death to get the wrapper.  (He loves all things crinkly and crunchy that are not actual toys right now.) I'm guessing this is a normal mom thing...right? Worry. Don't we normally think of moms as worriers?  Isn't it actually a helpful quality of a mom? That maternal instinct?

No. I refuse to buy into that idea. I refuse to let the worry take over my heart.  I have no room for it. I will be vigilant. I will be alert, but I will not worry.  John 14:27 says, "Peace, I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." My strength as a mom comes not from myself and my worries but from God. I am so thankful for the peace and joy that fills my heart. My peace and my joy make me a much better mom than all the worrying in the world. So don't worry, be happy.  Be healthy. Be peaceful. Be strong.

Also, do you see the three little calves lounging in the sun? So peaceful. Happy cows come from Illinois too.

2 comments:

  1. My wife and I have 7 cattle. We allow them full free range of our property with a fence to keep them from wandering into the wild or worse into the road! We live 45 min outside of St. Louis in illinois, and if you ever have the desire to get close to cows you are more than welcome to come feed ours...they eat hay right out of my hand. I get a chance to pet them even though they are a little hesitant to let me. They are still young and cute. we also have other animals, but the cows are my favorite :) come check out our facebook page for our farm: www.facebook.com/gfhfarms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind offer! Your farm looks beautiful. We might just stop by to see the cows and pick up some organic veggies.

      Delete

I look forwward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS